I’m into analyzing and visualizing information.
The amount of data being created each day is becoming incredibly large. Each day we add …
- 95 million photos and videos to Instagram
- 500 million tweets to Twitter
- 5 billion seach queries
- 65 billion WhatsApp messages
- 4 terabytes (4,000,000,000,000) of vehicle data from smart cars
- 4 petabytes (4,000,000,000,000,000) of Facebook data
The expected exponential growth of these numbers is even more astounding to imagine. The IDC estimates that by 2025, the amount of data created each day will be 463 exabytes (463,000,000,000,000,000,000). At the same time, the total amounts of data on earth will be approaching numbers normally used to measure stars in the observable universe.
The tragedy is that all of this information is useless to society without analysis and reporting. There is a great need to mine the mountains of this new digital frontier for nuggets of wisdom.
I’ve got my pickaxe ready.
Want to know more about me? Check out my profiles on Github or LinkedIn.